Other pages in this series:
|2002||Introduction||Part 1 Dec21st||Part 2 Dec 22nd||Part 3 Dec 24th||Part 4 Dec 27th|
|2003||Part 5 Jan 1st||Part 6 Feb 25th||Part 7 Mar 7th||Part 8 Mar 13th||Part 9 March 29th|
|Part 10 April 5th & 6th||Part 11 April 8th||Part 12 August|
No 3's Construction pages Part Nine
9 th March 2003
I purchased the batteries
yesterday (Friday) and spent the rest of the day
finishing the wiring. This morning (Saturday) I set up
the loco on blocks so that I could test that everything
was wired up correctly. All was ok except that I had
forward and reverse the wrong way round! This was easily
rectified by changing over the red and black motor wires
on the 4QD controller.
|Top speed is very fast, way too fast for my
line, so I am glad that I took Paul Middleton's advice
and fitted a top speed limit control!
After a few trips around the line, I fitted the cranks and coupling rods. Another slow trip round went smoothly with no problems.
All that is needed now is a name plate and number plates.
Email me at
©Terry Bowden. 2002/2003 Last updated 13 April 2005